Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Borne out of an email....

Some of you ladies were not on a previous email I sent but here's the background:  I sent out an email to some moms with little kids about an indoor playground that will watch your kids whilst you sit in their cafe and pay $5 a coffee to relax.  It's a great idea so I forwarded it out saying it would be a good play to have a book club or meeting or something.... Well, somehow it was decided that a book club would be fun.

So...I have added some other friends I know who like to read and live in the area.  I guess I'm launching a book club (which means I'll launch a blog for it too...Ha!).  I used to be in a book club with some college friends but the meetings were in the south suburbs of Chicago and it was quite a hike from Lindenhurst.  As a result, I just didn't make it very often and then I had kids....  Anyhow, I know Lisa, Stephanie and Kim C are interested in a book club so I have a good base!  I think a few more folks would make it interesting so if any of you are interested, please let me know.  I have posted a poll here (on the right side) to see what dates people are interested in if they want to participate.   I am envisioning at least in the beginning a kids free event to be hosted at someone's house or at a Starbucks or something depending on how many people want to come.  I don't want it to be a financial burden or an inconvenience to anyone so I'm trying to keep it simple.

As for a book selection, someone has already suggested The Help by Kathryn Sockett but some of you may have already read that so it's up for discussion once we pick a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment